19 November, 2015

Fall & Winter Essentials

Fall & Winter Essentials


Brrrrrrr! It's getting cold outside! 
But, that doesn't mean you need an entire new wardrobe! Let me show you the essentials to get you through to spring.

  • Gloves: I don't know about you but my hands are always cold, so gloves are a must. 
  • Hat: You lose most of your body heat from your head (heat rises), so hats are great. I like a nice hat, and it nicely completes an outfit. I'm always amazed at how many people never wear them when it's freezing outside. Hats really should make a comeback in fashion.
  • Ear Muffs: These are great if you want to keep your ears warm, without compromising your hair.
  • Fall Coat: A classic coat can take you from spring through the fall. It protects you from the rain, and the chill that's still prevalent whether entering or coming out of winter.
  • Scarf: A wool, or cashmere scarf in a classic colour, or print is great for keeping the chill out. While effortlessly accessorizing your outfit at the same time.
  • Leggings; Sometimes one layer is just not enough for our legs. That's where leggings come in. Get them in a warm wool, or any other material that keeps the heat on your legs.
  • Winter Coat: When the fall coat is just not enough. Something with lot's of natural warm materials (such as wool) can make all the difference when the temperatures drop.
  • Flat Boots: For comfortable, yet stylish boots for walking around, flat boots are an essential. I love equestrian boots. I can wear longer and warmer socks with them, and they keep more of my legs covered.
  • Socks: Warm socks. Really warm socks, because like my hands, my feet are always cold this time of year. Get warm dress socks as well as some cozy, thick socks for hanging out at home.

The weather outside may be frightful, 
but, that doesn't mean you can't look delightful!


Even if your not a fan of the weather, there is always something you can enjoy about this time of the year. I love the beautiful fall colours and the beauty of the snow sparkling like diamonds under the lights. Of course, I also love the fashion. The colours in autumn, reminding me of the leaves, and the rich, luxurious fabrics, colours, and textures that comes with winter clothing. Who says you can't look like a million dollars and be be wonderfully warm and comfortable at the same time?

What are your fall and winter essentials? And what do you enjoy most about fall and winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment